Bluetooth not working on MacBook Pro Early 2013.

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro Retina, 130inch, Early 2013 is running macOS Catalina v10.15.3.

So all of that is up-to-date.

Here’s the problem. My MacBook can discover my bluetooth wireless onn tws headphones, but when I click “Connect” it says “Connected” for about 2 seconds and then switches to Disconnected. I have tried pairing via bluetooth my sick awesome iPhone 6s Plus to the laptop and that didn’t work either. Plus the wireless earbuds DO pair with the phone. Thus, the problem is with the MacBook Pro.

I have tried Shift-Option —> Debug —> Reset bluetooth device. Didn’t work.

I have even tried deleting the bluetooth “.plist” files.

PLEASE Help. I really NEED my earbuds to pair with my MacBook too.

Any sound and helpful advice genuinely appreciated. Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I hadn't heard of the ONN TWS Bluetooth headphones. I did a quick search and found that this report stated a lot of people are having issues with them: How to Connect Onn Headphones & Earbuds to Bluetooth. Not sure if that is the same model as yours?

Since they do pair with your iPhone 6s Plus, I wonder if it may be the version of Bluetooth in the MacBook Pro. It could also be an issue with macOS Catalina. There are a lot folks having issues with Bluetooth devices disconnecting in Catalina: Catalina Bluetooth issues.

MacBook Pro - Bluetooth 4.0
iPhone 6s Plus - Bluetooth 4.2 and NFC (Near Field Communication)

-You stated you cannot pair the iPhone 6s Plus to the MacBook Pro either, correct?
-Do other devices pair with the MacBook Pro - like a mouse or keyboard?

Sounds like you did some good troubleshooting. I will see if I can find anything to try and let you know.

C

Ask a Question