Blocked list in Chrome

Reaction score
I get lots of spam messages from several people and I would like to put these guys on the Blocked list in Chrome. I can't find this Blocked list anymore in my current version of Chrome 96.0.4664. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Julien

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Is this a personal or enterprise/education Google account?
  • Are you looking to block Gmail emails or Google Chat messages?
C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, this is a personal Google account. I am looking to block certain people from sending me spam emails every day.

Reaction score
Do I need to create rules to filter my emails in Chrome for my gmail address or in Google?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I actually found a better workflow if you are viewing your Gmail in Chrome or another browser: Block someone's emails

Block an email address​

When you block a sender, messages they send will go to your Spam folder.
  1. On your computer, go to Gmail.
  2. Open the message.
  3. At the top right, click More
    More
  4. Click Block [sender].
  5. If you've blocked someone by mistake, you can unblock them using the same steps.
C

Reaction score
The messages are already in my Spam folder, lots of them every day. Is there a way to block them from even appearing in my Spam folder?
Thanks
Julien

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to totally prevent junk/spam email.

If you follow the steps in the first link I posted, you can create a filter and choose to delete email from those senders. That should prevent it from going to your Spam folder.

Create rules to filter your emails

C

Ask a Question