Blocked Senders

Reaction score
I followed the gmail directions to Settings/Filters and Blocked Senders, but it notes that there are no blocked senders. But something IS blocking my senders. I need certain senders to appear in email and NOT to go to Junk mail. What would you suggest?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you using the Mail app, or accessing Gmail via a web browser (preferably Google Chrome)?
-I assume you changed the settings in the webmail version of Gmail?
-What are the domains that are being marked as junk?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you using the Mail app, or accessing Gmail via a web browser (preferably Google Chrome)?
-I assume you changed the settings in the webmail version of Gmail?
-What are the domains that are being marked as junk?

C
Mac 10.13.6, through Chrome and Gmail, I went into Settings/Filters. It reports that I don't have any blocked sites, but my local neighborhood association emails don't come through, my building emails, and Building Link emails are blocked as well, all landing in Junk.

Reaction score
Mac 10.13.6, through Chrome and Gmail, I went into Settings/Filters. It reports that I don't have any blocked sites, but my local neighborhood association emails don't come through, my building emails, and Building Link emails are blocked as well, all landing in Junk.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If they are getting through to the Junk mailbox, they aren't being blocked. It could be that their domains are on a SPAM list somewhere, and Gmail is identifying them as possible junk mail. If they were being blocked by a filter, they would end up in the Spam mailbox.

You could try adding the emails to your Google Contacts and see if it continues to mark them that way.

C

Ask a Question