Binding to Active Directory Problems, with Disappearing Options

Reaction score
So my boss gave me an Mac Book and said add it to the domain and the network shares. So I have spend several long hours researching and now I'm stuck.

So I have been able to Bind it to our AWS AD account, while connected to the network and this works fine. I can log in out and any domain user can do the same.

The problem starts when i go home and try to login to the Mac Book, it point blank refuses.

So this morning while at work in the domain I logged in as Admin and changed the setting

Users and Groups\Login Options\Domain\Active Directory\Advanced Options\'Create Mobile Account at Login' , i also checked the option to ak before creating so i would get a viable indication that it was doing it.

Now i cant login to Mac Book on the domain nor can any other user.

I found that when turning on the option 'Create Mobile Account at Login', the option "Allow network users to log in at login window" disappears!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! it took me several hours of binding unbinding rebooting restarting to find this how can i get both conditions to work.

Please, Please help

Thanks

Madaxe2020

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

AD can be a bit tricky on macOS.

-Which model Mac Book?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Can you upload a screenshot of the Directory Utility > User Experience/Mappings/Administrative windows?

Once it is bound, and user logs into it, it should create a managed/mobile account, which can be used anywhere. We normally uncheck Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location, so the user Home folder is created on the Mac and not a network server.

See if that helps,

C

Ask a Question