Best free anti-virus protection for Macs

Reaction score
I don’t use any 3rd party antivirus software anymore, relying on Apple’s built-in defences. I run Monterey on my Intel Mac and Ventura on my M1 Mac but I guess there’s justification if you are running old-ish versions of macOS though? For other non virus malware, MalwareBytes is a good choice plus a dedicated ad blocker app.

Reaction score
Down load the free version of "CleanMyMac X", it can keep your machine software in tip top condition, there's also a payed for version which has a few more goodies on it

DBM

Reaction score
Mac user for 30 years. Never used anti-virus software nor had any viruses or Trojans. It is possible but much rarer than with windows. However, according to this article the risk is increasing.

Reaction score
It maybe crapware! to you Pasquanel, you could be right, but as a general aid with its other bells and whistles it can do small clean up jobs on you Mac, so , what do you want from a FREE TOOL

Reaction score
I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend a free anti-virus download. Thank you. Best wishes. Tony
I use MalwareBytes too, with Adblock as extra cover, but Macs are pretty secure as long as one installs the Mac updates when they come out.

Reaction score
There are as you can see a few anti-virus software progs for Mac's out there, so good some not so, anti-viruses on Mac's are as said scares as hens teeth but there are some, and Apple do a great job of combating them with there updates, but that doesn't always cover them all, so only by trying the one mentioned and a bit of research for a few others you'll find a one that suits your needs, go look and try.

Reaction score
The best antivirus for Mac is none at all.
So go read this article about Mac's and viruses & malware which explains why you don't have to worry about them at all.

Ask a Question