SOLVED Best e-mail application for OS 10.13

Reaction score
I use a iMac from mid 2011 running OS 13.6. I like it. I do not want to buy a new computer in order to increase security on the Mail application. I understand that Verizon will now longer allow the Mail 11.5 application to be used, for security reasons. Is there a better mail application I can use on this computer that has updated security protocols? Would Canary do that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Because of the age of macOS High Sierra, some of the more recent third-party apps may not be compatible or work any better, because some of the security certificates used are part of macOS and not the individual mail applications.

That said, you could try some of these:
Thunderbird
Postbox
Canary Mail (your suggestion)

There are many others as well. I personally have only used Thunderbird, which is made by Mozilla, the makers of Firefox.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Because of the age of macOS High Sierra, some of the more recent third-party apps may not be compatible or work any better, because some of the security certificates used are part of macOS and not the individual mail applications.

That said, you could try some of these:
Thunderbird
Postbox
Canary Mail (your suggestion)

There are many others as well. I personally have only used Thunderbird, which is made by Mozilla, the makers of Firefox.

Hope that helps,

C
Thanks, Cory.

Ask a Question