Backup to external drive...

Reaction score
Hi Ric -the video doesn't seem to work -any chance you can fix it/get me a copy? I'm trying to write an automator scrip that copies important files from my hard drive to 1 external hard drive and then copies the entire 1st external hard drive onto a 2nd! I also need to tie this in with iCal somehow, so it triggers once a week on saturdays or something? Is this possible? shall i email you the script so far?
Bill

Reaction score
Hi Bill,

When you load the movie page, please keep it loaded for a minute or two - I am assuming you are seeing a blue Q for quicktime and nothing else? This is because the movie is loading but you cannot actually see it.:)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have resaved the movie so try the link again...if it's not clear Bill let us know and we'll direct you further !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric -thanks for that. I'm actually really struggling now, i've been on Automator for a while trying to get this to work but its no good, its never the same as in the movie!
the workflow i want to automate is as follows:

1) get specified finder items (BBP MASTER & iTunes)
2) Copy finder items ( to BACK UP1)
3) get specified finder items (BACK UP1)
4) Copy finder items ( to BACK UP2)

i have this bit sussed and am confident it works, but when i try and save it as a plug in for iCal i doesn't appear in iCal so i can't alarm it for a weekly back up.
what am i doing wrong? i can email you a copy if you tell me what format you can see it in etc
Bill

Ask a Question