Backing Up System, And Registry, And... ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I use a W10 pc, and a Mac running Mojave.

There is a ton of info. re how to backup on W10, how to create a
Restore Point, etc.

The first rule of editing the registry is, “backup your registry!” You can make a backup of your registry by creating a System Restore point. To do so, click Start,
type create a restore point, press Enter, and follow the prompts. Another method is to use the Export function in the Regedit utility. (See below)

Even if your Windows installation becomes unbootable, you can recover your old, working registry using the tools on the System Recovery USB drive that you
created. If you have not created one yet, here is a linkfor how to do it on Windows 7, 8, or 10.

So, what are the equiv. or suggested steps for backing up the System files, the Registry, etc. on my Mac, please ?
Any reference to read that goes thru all of it ?

i do transfer some important files to an external HD, but are there other steps
to do, similar to the W10 suggestions ?

As always,
Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
I do a daily backup via Time Machine and a complete clone of my drive once a week, using Super Duper. Both of these are run automatically, and have have never lost a file yet

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Lubrarunner's suggestion is the best for backing up your Mac.

BTW - there isn't a Registry or actual System Restore Points in macOS like in Windows.

C

Ask a Question