Automator Script Deletes all Files

Reaction score
Greetings. I am very new to Automator and have created a script to delete a file, hall.wav, from my downloads folder. First I started with a "folder action". Dragged in "find finder items". Specified the folder to search as "Downloads". All of the following are true: Name is hall.wav. Then I dragged in "Move finder items to trash". The file sits in the Downloads folder and it deletes ANY file that is put into the folder. It deletes hall.wav but also any other file that is downloaded there. I had to delete it. It even deletes itself when I "put it back" from Trash. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. Obviously missing something! If anyone could help that would be great. GL

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Most of us here aren't very well versed in AppleScript and Automator. This group of folks is:

MacScripter

Give them a try and see if they can help you out.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries. ;)

We originally included it for questions about programming/scripting, but many of the folks that are more knowledgeable about these topics aren't online very often, or aren't around any longer. We can answer some questions, but we would rather refer you to a forum that is composed of very experienced Mac scripting folks, than give you incorrect or basic suggestions.

Hopefully they can help you out, or maybe some of the more knowledgeable members here will chime in. I just didn't want your question to not be answered in a timely fashion, or have you feel like you were being ignored.

Hope you understand, and again, welcome.

C

Ask a Question