Automator: Scan document(s) and add to a new email in Sonoma

Reaction score
I am trying to make scanning a document and emailing it easy for my 81 year old Dad. These last few Macos updates have made this very difficult to explain to him even with extensive notes. Is there a way to automate or at least simplify this process?

1) scan document and prompt for scanning 2nd, 3rd, etc. if there are more documents.
2) open Mail and create a new email
3) add the scanned images to the new email.

Since the scanner interface has a ton of options and requires a selection to be made around the area to be scanned I have no idea how or if this would even work.
Any ideas?
Thanks ahead of time,
J3rM

Reaction score
1) scan document and prompt for scanning 2nd, 3rd, etc. if there are more documents.
2) open Mail and create a new email
3) add the scanned images to the new email.

What scanner are you using?
These steps should all be possible from within you scanner software.
My Canon printer/scanner software will scan the document, and prompt for more documents, then when scanning is complete it opens Mail and attaches the documents to a new message then all I need to do is enter the recipient's email address.

Hopefully your scanner software has similar features.

Reaction score
You can try to use Image Capture. If you set the scan size to Letter, and the output to mail this would solve your issue.

Ask a Question