Automator help

Reaction score
Hey, trying to make a simple Automator script. Can someone help me?

I want to convert image files (.png, .tif, .webp, etc...) to a .jpg file,
then move the original image files to the Trash
& keep the newly converted .jpg file.

(& add a label to the new .jpg file if possible)

this sounds simple to me,
but i just get a bunch of errors. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is no need for the last step, 'move the original image files to the Trash', as you can just let the new jpg overwrite the old file.
I started by Choosing 'New Application' then 'Get Folder Contents' and 'Change Type of Image' and change the dropdown to jpeg, when you get the warning allow the file to be overwritten.
I then save the application to the desktop and can drag and drop the folder to be processed on the app.

screen.png

Reaction score
There is no need for the last step, 'move the original image files to the Trash', as you can just let the new jpg overwrite the old file.
I started by Choosing 'New Application' then 'Get Folder Contents' and 'Change Type of Image' and change the dropdown to jpeg, when you get the warning allow the file to be overwritten.
I then save the application to the desktop and can drag and drop the folder to be processed on the app.

View attachment 4531
ok, i drag the file to the app,
chose the folder to save to,
check Replace existing file,
& nothing is happening...
1670539687706.png

Ask a Question