Automator folder workflow, works only for first kind of file

Reaction score
Hi. I want to sort files that received in “Source folder” folder into specific folders depending on file type. Images into “Pictures “ folder, music into “Music” and other... I built a workflow, but it works good only for the first described in workflow type of file.
This is my workflow :
At the top for “Folder action receives files and folders added to” I selected “Source folder”
Filter finder items -> All -> Kind is music
Move finder items -> to “Music”
Find finder items -> Search “Source folder “ -> All -> Any content
Filter finder items -> All -> kind is image
Move finder items -> to “Pictures”
Find finder items -> search “Source folder” -> All -> any content
Filter finder items-> Any -> kind is pdf
move finder items -> to “Documents”

If I put an mp3 file into “Source folder” , it works, the file moves into “Music” folder.
If I put into “Sources folder” pdf file or some jpg, png or some other image, or pdf and image file , nothing happen.
If I put in “Source folder” pdf or/and image AND music files together, then everting works, files sorted into their folders.

So, type of files other then the first described in workflow type, doesn’t work alone. In my case the first described type is music, so it works only if I move music file alone or with other types into source folder.

What at i do wrong ??? How to build the workflow, that any kind of files will moved into their folder ? Do I need to build a standalone workflow for every file type ?

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced with Automator or AppleScript. If another member doesn't chime in, you could try the folks over at MacScripter.

C

Ask a Question