Apps Won't Open...

Reaction score
So here's the deal, I installed BootCamp and Windows XP, and ever since then several apps have not been working. Some examples are Microsoft Office, Warcraft 3, Adobe Acrobat...and several other apps, including installation procedures.

What happens is, I run the app or installation process, it bounces a couple times in the dock and then closes and nothing happens. I have tried restarting, reinstalling, repairing the permissions and the disk itself using Disk Utility and everything else that has been recommended to me.

I went into the library and deleted any files associated with the problem apps...I have been told Disk Warrior and Drive Genius might find a problem Disk Utility did not but I need to make a custom boot CD with those programs on it to try it.

So my question is, how can I make a custom OS X Tiger boot CD with Disk Warrior or Drive Genius on it?

All I have found is BootCD which is for 10.3 and lower I believe, and Das Boot but I have an almost full iPod Nano and would rather not format it just to try this fix...any advice?

Or if you have any ideas how to fix this random problem that doesn't involve a custom boot CD please let me know. Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Have you tried booting from the Tiger Install disk and running Disk Utility (Repair disk and repair permissions) from that ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey, yup I tried booting from the OSX install disc and running the repair from Disk Utilities. I've tried really everything myself and several admins from various forums can think of...the only thing remaining is using DiskWarrior or Drive Genius but I need a program that can create a custom boot CD on Tiger. I found BootCD but that only works on Panther...Any ideas?

Ask a Question