Apple G4 iBook died a slow painful death...?

Reaction score
I have an Apple G4 iBook 1.2ghz with 700mb or so of RAM. Over the course of two months, this laptop of mine slowly started to die - first the CD drive stopped working, and indeed, began to refuse to even spit out anything i put in it. THEN it came to a point where it would randomly lose the screen, and all would be black. The next week, it wouldn't even boot into OSX unless it was feeling like it (don't know what was happening here; sometimes i thought it was that it needed to be warm to boot, sometimes waving it around in the air could convince it to go).
The next week, I could hear the HD spin up, but the screen would remain blank. NOW - nothing happens when i push the button. It still lights up at the battery charger port, and i know my charger and battery are good. Any ideas? Anyone? Because i REALLY love this old-*** laptop, and it's full of highly useful software for me.....

I want to know what you guys think may have gone wrong and whether it's worth fixing or if i ought to just hock the parts......

Ask a Question