App Repeatedly Crashes

Reaction score
Hi all.
Ill be using the formatting from another forum I posted a request for help on so keep that in mind when viewing my message...

In short, I'm trying to install a computer app (game) named CSGO on my Mac and after attempting to launch it, the file briefly loads (not showing anything on the screen other than the app bouncing on my dock), followed by the "csgo_osx64 quit unexpectedly" message appearing. This occurs every time I launch it. I have tried every suggested remedy on various technical support communities and have not produced a result. I am left disappointed and unable to play the game.

Specs via Steam and iMac
https://gist.github.com/msg7/1ed425a3627f17cc9b50d64a9f738d8b

• Have you checked for system updates?: Yes
The crash file (log) is attached below.

https://gist.github.com/msg7/2007f2063a712ba80ed1d5250452ef4c

If anyone would be able to identify the problem within the log and suggest a solution I would greatly appreciate it!

In addition, I booted my computer in safe mode and attempted to load up the game and upon doing so got an error that said "Error: This game requirers OS X version 10.6.7 or higher", although I have OS X 10.15.5. Perhaps this can narrow down my issue.

Lastly, my apologies if this was not the appropriate forum to post this on. I am just growing frustrated with this application as nothing seems to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very familiar with games on Steam or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO). I do see that it was released back in 2012 and the minimum system requirements are as follows:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better
Storage: 15 GB available space

My guess would be that since it was released so many years before Catalina, there may be a software conflict of some kind, or there is a bug in the code that is incompatible with Catalina. It would probably be best to contact Stream or the developers of the game.

Sorry I can't give a better answer.

C

Ask a Question