SOLVED "Drag and drop" problem in Apple Mail 13.4

Reaction score
As an old man I have limited skills on the computer. I have a 27-inch Mac desktop computer running Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.4
I have recently set up an iCloud.com mail account, but still mainly use Apple Mail 13.4. When trying to "drag and drop" email messages from the Inbox into specific Mailboxes, the message will not stay and appear in its chosen Mailbox, but instead simply disappears, not to be found in Trash or anywhere else. I have tried numerous times to find any explanation(s) of this problem, and of course a solution. This includes Apple Support. So far have had no success.

Can any good Samaritan out there in the Mac community please provide a solution? I would be so grateful.

Thank you,

Mike Blayney

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How many accounts are setup in the Mail applications?
-Who are your email accounts with - i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.?

I assume this issue is happening when you are using the Mail application and not when logged into icloud.com in Safari or another web browser?

Maybe this article will help: Move or copy emails in Mail on Mac

Let us know, and we'll go from there.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

My thanks for your quick reply! I have 2 accounts set up in the Mail application : iCloud.com(IMAP),recently created but seldom used so far. Second, the Mail application itself, via our local internet provider., also IMAP.

Yes, this issue is happening with the Mail application, and not in iCloud(as far as I can determine). I use the Safari browser almost exclusively.

Incidentally, I had already found and read the article " Move or copy emails in Mail on Mac" from Apple Support. Have just reread it and followed recommendations, and it seems to have corrected the problem. I'll re -post a query should the problem recur, but I am very grateful for your help. Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad it is resolved.

Definitely let us know if the issue returns, or if you have additional questions.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question