SOLVED Any current VMWare Fusion 11 Discount Codes out there?

Reaction score
I'm finally ready to switch from High Sierra to Mohave and I'm predicting that my VMWare Fusion 7 isn't going to survive the upgrade.

I just went to buy an upgrade licence from the VMWare site, but it's only possible to upgrade from version 8+, I'm faced with buying again.

Right now I'm just holding off on my Mohave upgrade, I've seen a couple of links on voucher sites, but when following them I'm left with the exact same full price. Does anyone know of a coupon code, or bundle offer for Fusion 11 that works?

Thanks,
Mark.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

Correct, VMware Fusion 7 will not run on Mojave.

I just went through a similar situation, but I never found a discount code either. I am running both Fusion and Parallels, so I upgraded to Fusion 8.5 and Parallels 14, due to the fact that I am still running Sierra.

I will let you know if I find any discounts. In the mean time, you could contact VMware and ask. ;)

C

Reaction score
Correct, VMware Fusion 7 will not run on Mojave.

I just went through a similar situation, but I never found a discount code either. I am running both Fusion and Parallels, so I upgraded to Fusion 8.5 and Parallels 14, due to the fact that I am still running Sierra.

Thanks for the reply. I discovered I had an old Parallels 5 Licence from a bundle I bought back in 2013. That worked as a competitive upgrade for a 40% discount. I've previously bought Fusion 1, 2 , 3, 5 & 7 but hadn't used it for a few years so missed a few updates. It seems Parallels users from 2013 can get an upgrade price, but not a VMware Fusion user.

Happy Now,

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I bought the Parallels Desktop Standard Edition 1-Time Purchase, not the 1-Year Subscription. I don't do much with it at home, so no need to always have the latest/greatest.

I have actually found that Parallels seems to run better than Fusion on my Macs over the years. Being in IT, I have to have both for troubleshooting/diagnostic purposes, on multiple work and personal Macs. VMware is the standard for most professional uses, because the consumer desktop versions have a much different end-use and function set.

C

Ask a Question