Anti-glare screen film

Reaction score
Hi

I have an issue with my MacBook Air (year 2015,13 inches) . I have a severe sensitivity to light and I'm having a lot of trouble with looking at the screen (its simply too bright). I have noticed that some screens in other computers are somehow easier to look at and I suspect it's because they are more matte.

Do you have recommendations for screen films for this purpose? I live in Finland so the film should be able to ship there.

Disclaimer. I do not wish to have advice about my health.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I personally haven't used any of the display films that are available. macOS actually has settings for vision in  > System Preferences... > Accessibility > Vision, as well as the standard brightness control, both of which should help without having to purchase anything.

Glossy screens can seem brighter than matte screens...more because of any reflected light than the display brightness itself.

Check those settings out and see if that adjusts things to a workable level.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I personally haven't used any of the display films that are available. macOS actually has settings for vision in  > System Preferences... > Accessibility > Vision, as well as the standard brightness control, both of which should help without having to purchase anything.

Glossy screens can seem brighter than matte screens...more because of any reflected light than the display brightness itself.

Check those settings out and see if that adjusts things to a workable level.

C
Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
I'm with u on the light sensitivity thing (even more sensitive after cataract surgeries). SO I ditched laptop screens for higher-end monitors with infinite adjustments and anti-blue lighting. Screen glasses might help as well, and there are the nighttime settings (warmer or cooler screen), all cheaper options than a new 4K HDR screen :) good luck

Reaction score
Hi

I have an issue with my MacBook Air (year 2015,13 inches) . I have a severe sensitivity to light and I'm having a lot of trouble with looking at the screen (its simply too bright). I have noticed that some screens in other computers are somehow easier to look at and I suspect it's because they are more matte.

Do you have recommendations for screen films for this purpose? I live in Finland so the film should be able to ship there.

Disclaimer. I do not wish to have advice about my health.

Might I suggest you search and "find' your MacBooK "settings".. where you can adjust the 'brightness' of you screen under a variety of 'room light conditions'...and you will not 'need' to apply a ''physical filter' to reduce the brightness to meet your needs

Ken

Ask a Question