all screen images (icons and text) are magnified

Reaction score
Hi Forum,

I have a PowerMac desktop running OS10.4.

I don't know what I hit on the keyboard but suddenly, all of the icons, text and the toolbar are magnified. I don't know how to get these back to the original size. I went to "systems preference"s and to "display" and there was nothing there. I tried "desktop and screen saver' and "dock" and there was nothing there. I typed in"reduce icon magnification" and various other similar phrases into the help menu and came up with nothing.

How do I get my screen images and text back to the original?

Thanks...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello rnginpa & welcome to the forums :)

Have a look in:

System Preferences ~> Universal Access ~> Seeing Tab ~> Zoom​

See if Zoom has been activated and if so, deactivate it and everything *should* return to normal .... :)

Reaction score
Drat! Didn't work Re: all screen images (icons and text) are magnified

Hi Spawn_Dooley,

thanks very much for directing me to the Systems Preferences > Universal Access >Zoom remedy. I tried it an the screen images (icons and text and toolbar, everything) are still magnified.

Any other possibilities?

I know I must have hit a combination of keys, maybe two, maybe even three. I'll damned if I can tell you which keys they were.

Thanks!

Ed

Reaction score
is it perhaps your display resolution?
If you go to System Preferences -> Displays and check your resolution. I don't think there are any keyboard shortcuts that could change your display resolution though...

Ask a Question