airport express problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an airport express that I just use to play music wirelessly through my stereo from iTunes on my iMac. However this seems to have stopped working. The green light remains illuminated and the computer believes its connected but no music comes out. If I switch and use Airtunes through iPhone the airport express works fine.

When connected through the mac it will play for a few seconds then nothing.

Hope someone can help. I have tried resetting the airport express.

Reaction score
My guess would be that the iMac isn't able to keep a firm signal and is dropping the connection.

If you hold down the Option key and Select the AirPort (WiFi) menu, you will see additional information what Transmit Rate: are you getting?

Reaction score
Kaveman
thanks for response I can't seem to find the transmit rate can you explain again how I can find it?

Reaction score
On the iMac, there is the WiFi menu, (if its enabled) top right corner, looks like beams radiating out, or sneaky window wiper blades;-) If its there hold down the Option key and press and hold on the menu.

Reaction score
Hi
Wonder if any body can help
i have a imac oxs it has been connecting to the internet fine via airport untill i turned off my router ,
since then i can not connect to the internet at all even via a cable
i have also lost my air port from my toolbar and can not it back
when i click on the apple and look at info about this mac it says air port off but in system pref my air port is on ????

HELP this is driving me mad
Thanks

Ask a Question