adresbook won' t sync to iphone

Reaction score
hi all
have this problem and searched all over but can't find a solution.
when I sync the my iphone (3gs) the contacts from my adressbook (mac os10.6.6) won't sync to my iphone!
so far I have tried:
in itunes:
Turning the "sync contacts" on and off
with and without overwriting contacts
deleting sync history in itunes preferences
reseting sync history in isync
I reinstalled all the firm software on my phone
I emptied my adresbook and synced the phone
reimported my adres book and synced again
no result
it looks like itunes doenst see the content of my adresbook
because I have a group called phone contacts in my adresbook but that group doens't even appear in the list of selected groups in itunes/iphone setup screen.
help. wat now.
this started with that I took all the contacts of my phone because it was such a chaos. i organised everything neatly in my adresbook and now they wont copy.
any thoughts please..
thanks.

greetings,
diederik

Reaction score
When you plug your iPhone into iTunes go to the info tab and then make sure you have sync contacts checked and then from the drop down box select one of the programs listed and then click apply. You should then be able to open the program you selected in the drop down box and your contacts should be there.
It's a limitation of ActiveSync & the way virtually every employer wants it. Fact is, you cannot sync contacts from a work exchange account with a supported contact application on your computer.

Reaction score
In address book, there is a setting in preferences to "Share" your address book with others/other apps. Enabling that fixed everything for contacts.

Reaction score
It's a limitation of ActiveSync & the way virtually every employer wants it. Fact is, you cannot sync iPhone contacts from a work exchange account with a supported contact application on your computer.
I'm not sure this will work on the original iPhone but you can try this:

Open Address Book on your mac, click on any single contact to select it, go to Edit>Select All (Command-A) to select all contacts
Got to File>Export>Export vCard, save this file on your desktop
Send an email to yourself with this file attached
Open the email on your iPhone and tap the attachment to import the contacts

Ask a Question