RAID drive won't mount

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to am iMac pro. I have succesfully restored it from the back ups from my old tower mac. However I bought a LaCie 2 big dock 8X8gb raid drive. I connected it, and reconfigured it to RAID 1 using the Lacie RAID manager software which seems to have worked but I cannot get the disc to mount. Although it appears in Disk Utility It does not appear on the desktop or in the sidebar when I open the finder application.
It appears in the sidebar of disk utility mut the 'Mount' button at the top of the window is greyed out so I can't try that.
I would be grateful for any suggestions as it is driving me nuts

Reaction score
.....Also, I have just downloaded the Log for the drive and it reports that it is experiencing 'low power status' whatever that means...

Reaction score
...and now I have just discovered that when I restart the computer with the RAID drive switched on I get a window that says 'This disc is not readable by this computer', even though it shows up in the Lacie software and in Disk Utility. Disk utility also reports that the disk is 'Uninitialized'.

Ask a Question