Admin rights to update browser

Reaction score
This is a question arising from Firefox but questions my right to update. In this case a security and stability update that it tells me is available but i don't have the status to do the update. I am the Administrator and the only account holder on this computer and i did the Firefox download in the first place.
I've gone into "More Info" and it says i , personally, can read and write, & that Admin can read only. I unlocked it and gave Admin permission to Read & Write and it still hasn't worked.

10.5.8 (PowerPC) F/Fox 3.6.24
As yet i haven't closed and re opened F/Fox.. maybe that would help?

Attachments

• F:Fox #1(JPEG).jpg
    F:Fox #1(JPEG).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Admin (JPEG).jpg
    Admin (JPEG).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 268
Reaction score
Updates should always ask when making changes to your system, no matter what your Account type is. Just run the update and when it asks enter the Admin Name and Password, do it and all will be fine.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman... i would have done the update if it had allowed. It wasn't an automatic one sent down the line that i either ok'd or not. I manually clicked on the Firefox "check for updates" option and all i got was the panel saying i couldn't do it and had to use another account, the only other option was a live link to download the latest version and i knew it wasn't right for my system.
In meantime, went out, came back had another look and everything was ok. Seemed i had to close F/Fox and re open and then the changes i had made to the permissions must have kicked in. Don't understand why i had to make those changes but glad i knew how to. Update now done.
Should the F/Fox logo disappear from the dock on a "restart"? I had to do a restart and the logo did disappear and i had to open the file again. Can't remember it happening on my other computers.
Setting up this "new" one has been one problem after another but just about there now.

Ask a Question