"About This Mac"Not opening up.

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Air Mid-13 Model. And i was experiencing this fault from a long time.before the Mac OS 10.12 update i had to click twice on the about this mac option twice and it used to open up but not show any information except storage.After this update i am not even able to open it .I tried clicking on it many time.Restarted the device many time, but no use.Any help??

Reaction score
Hi,

Boot to recovery by pressing and holding Command+R as soon as you hear the chime after rebooting or powering on until you see the Apple Logo.

1) If you see the language select just click the arrow
2) Choose re-install OS X and click continue
3) Then just continue to follow the prompts, you will eventually need to sign in with your Apple ID to install.

Re-installing does not erase your data, it will only overwrite the system files.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Before trying oldscribe's reinstall steps...

As always, we strongly recommend that you have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data. In addition, DO NOT move/delete/rename any other files in the folder(s) below, as you can cause additional issues with your system.

Sounds like a corrupted preference list file. Try these steps:
1. In Finder, hold the Option key and click Go > Library in the menu bar
2. Open the Preferences folder
3. Move the com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist file to the Trash
4. It should now open properly

Let us know if that doesn't correct the issue.

C

Ask a Question