Opening files on the mac

Reaction score
Mac info:Mac OSX V.10.6.7 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz Help please, I purchased a disc to view video tutorials on my mac, the content is in 2 formats one set of tutorials files for the pc & one set for the mac. I have no problem on the pc as they play via the media player. As my main computer now is the mac I would like to open the tutorials to view on the mac. The only way I can explain more fully is to copy the file info below showing the file format I am trying to open. I'm not able to copy the icon image, but it is a blue square with a white arrow in the centre. I have contacted the maker of the disc, he wondered if it could be my mac settings. Hope this makes sense, Thanks for any help.
File info:
KInd: Application (Intel)
Version: PTE 6.53 (beta) Name & extension: 006b Apertures Manual Demo 2.app
Thanks doreen

Reaction score
Hi Greenman
Thank you for your reply, I have downloaded the VLC media player, but it wont have it. This is the message I have when trying to open the video files.

No suitable decoder module
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf"
Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

Thanks again
D

Reaction score
Sorry dbarber I though it was worth a try, but, undf means it is an undefined file mainly seen while opening partly downloaded files in vlc player.

Have you tried this one

http://www.ffmpegx.com/

Reaction score
Hi Greenman

Thank you for your help, Yes it was certainly worth a try, I try hard to work things out & have decided now, it will have to be down to the creator of the disc to sort it out. At least I am able to view the video files on the disc back onto the pc. using media player.
Thanks again.
D

Ask a Question