A bit of a dilemma

Reaction score
Hi all
I hope someone can help me.
Let me explain my 2009 c class has standard radio/cd with Bluetooth and it works great BUT
To be totally hands free (and legal) I do not want to have to press home button to activate Siri.
In my workshop as I do a very dirty and dusty job,so I don't get my iPhone 6 dirty I use a device called a plantronic K100 5 years old and I can activate Siri to call any no in my phone send a text or email.
I don't want to do that in car just activate Siri to make a call or read a text I have looked at a satechi home button but from what I have seen on internet it doesn't play with IOS 10 any body got any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance Dell

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That looks like a good solution, but I had never heard of that product until this post. You could always email Satechi support and ask about any compatibility issues with iOS 10 and if they are planning an update to address them.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory
I have had a reply from satechi and they say there is a compatibility issue with IOS 10 and they are working on it
Hi Spawn Dooley
Yes I am looking for a way to activate Siri without hey Siri as I have to really shout to activate

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Good news...hopefully they will resolve the issue and it will help you out. Let us know how it goes.

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi Spawn Dooley
Yes I am looking for a way to activate Siri without hey Siri as I have to really shout to activate

Ahh I get it ... I was thinking that you may not have realised that when the iPhone is connected to (USB or the equivalent) power while driving that you could use your voice but I understand that it's more than just a hands issue :)

Ask a Question