2Qs : Firefox Won't Stay on / desktop popups

Reaction score
I have downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't stay in the dock. How can I get it to remain in the dock?

Also - is there any way of getting diary events to pop up on the desktop like they can in Vista?

Reaction score
"I have downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't stay in the dock. How can I get it to remain in the dock?"
Hi lizw, In order to place an application in the dock, you have to click on the application and drag it to the dock.:)

Reaction score
Yes, I did that. It will go in there, but then when I next turn my computer on, it's gone.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi lizw, when you downloaded Firefox, did you drag the app from the mounted volume (Hard Drive Icon) to your Application folder? To enable an app to be launched from the Dock you first drag the apps icon from your Application Folder to your Dock and it should stay there. If you launch an app from your Applications Folder and wish to keep the apps icon on your Dock, then Control/Right-Click the Dock icon and select "Keep In Dock". To remove an apps icon from the Dock just click on it and drag in from the Dock onto your Desktop and it will disappear in a puff of virtual smoke.

Linky.

Regarding the Diary Events question, I'll post back later when I find out some info ....

Reaction score
Okay, I have done this. I didn't actually have the download in applications - now rectified. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

I shall wait with interest to see if you find anything out about the diary events...:)

Ask a Question