2007 27" Mac - can't transfer - what are my options?

Reaction score
2007 27" Mac to Windows 10 PC. I can't transfer my files and data. The hard drives I have are not compatible. I can't reformat to exFAT via Mac as its not an option. Formatted on PC but didn't even recognise it when this was done. Browsers won't work as can't update to min requirement so can't even access my drop box or onedrive. Tried shared network share - not working! I'm pulling my hair out. Please could anyone suggest what my options are? (I also don't have access to another mac to transfer this way). Many thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Windows 10 can read drives formatted as Master Boot Record and FAT/FAT32/exFAT. exFAT is optimized for USB flash drives, SD cards, etc. If you have an external drive, you can format it with your PC, then attach it to your iMac, as it can read/write to all PC-based formats except NTFS (which requires third-party software on the Mac). You could then copy your files/data from the Mac to it, then from it to the PC.

C

Ask a Question