Mid 2007 mac mini intel core 2 duo 2

Reaction score
all i really want to do with this old box is set it up to run netflix.

It has os 10.5.8

I understand i need os 10.6 to install silverlight in order to run netflix

I have no data, pictures or anything on this mac, so no need to backup.

Would some kind and patient person be able to tell me if I can upgrade os to be able to run netflix, preferably using airparrot to my second gen apple tv?

If that is possible, i could really use some help with exactly how to accomplish it. The more I read on the internet on how to do,this, the confuseder I get....

I started using pc in the 1980's and macs are so HARD to figure out!

Thank you! Thank you!

Reaction score
all i really want to do with this old box is set it up to run netflix.

It has os 10.5.8

I understand i need os 10.6 to install silverlight in order to run netflix

I have no data, pictures or anything on this mac, so no need to backup.

Would some kind and patient person be able to tell me if I can upgrade os to be able to run netflix, preferably using airparrot to my second gen apple tv?

If that is possible, i could really use some help with exactly how to accomplish it. The more I read on the internet on how to do,this, the confuseder I get....

I started using pc in the 1980's and macs are so HARD to figure out!

Thank you! Thank you!

First, Macs are MUCH, MUCH easier than PCs. Secondly, if one takes care of them, they can last for a very long time. Now, for your issue, you will need to upgrade to at least Mac OS 10.6.8, which was the last version of Snow Leopard. However, I believe you would need to purchase the Snow Leopard DVD. It costs $19.99 (cheapest price), and it's available at the Apple Store:

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Unfortunately, that will take two weeks to get it. Amazon has it, but it is $35.

Additionally, it looks like there are issues trying to use Netflix with Safari V5.1 and Snow Leopard:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3229667?tstart=0

You need to do some more research before you decide on this.

Last edited:

Ask a Question