2 Airport Expresses and Netgear WG834v2

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone can help with an AirTunes issue I'm having. I recently decided to purchase a second AirPort Express so that I stream the same tune from my library to two rooms at the same time (i.e. the living room and dining room). I have an existing Wireless network with a Netgear router which connects to my ISP.

My first setup worked fine for a couple of years and I'm tempted to bin the second Airport Express and revert to that setup! The first Airport Express joins the wireless network in addition to my PC. All works a treat!

My new setup is identical to the above except that I've added the second airport express to the existing wireless network. iTunes spots the new Airport Express and gives the option to stream to multiple speakers - living room and dining room. So far so good. iTunes looks like its doing this fine except that there is no sound from either stereo. (Before you ask - I've checked the obvious - volume, etc. and all this is fine :)).

Any suggestions?!

Other useful info:
1. Both Airports Expresses have v6.3 of the firmware and iTunes is up to date.
2. Disabled Norton firewall for the installation and testing.
3. I happened to notice that the WDS tab is greyed out in the Admin Utility.
4. Both Airports work fine when there is only one on the wireless network.
5. The router is in the cupboard under the stairs, the PC is up stairs in the office, the first Express is in the living room and the second is in the dining room. All connect wirelessly to the router.
6. I don't believe the the Netgear Router supports WDS.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Reaction score
Seems I had to allow UDP traffic through port 6002 on the router.

Problem solved!

Thanks,
Chris

Reaction score
Hello Chris and Welcome!!

Sorry we missed this!

Glad to hear your problem is solved. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Searay

Ask a Question