10.3.9 icon removal issues

Reaction score
hello I have an Ibook running 10.3.9 and I have 2 alias icons in the dock and cannot remove them. I tried to click and drag them nothing......... I click/and hold and only a window appears for finder but not a way to delete the alias icon. I ran file find and the programs have been deleted already its firefox browser icons. so when I search hard drive nothing no files no refference to firefox so these icons are like like stuck there with no means to remove/delete or anything

Reaction score
I have tried dragging. I have tried to hold down click and look for secondary window assistance. when I click on the icon with questionmark it highlights but does not drag

Reaction score
Find the dock's plist file and delete it. When you log out and log back in your dock will be rebuilt to it's factory setting.

the plist file is located in

users/USERS_NAME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

Delete the file called "com.apple.dock.plist"

You will have to rebuild your entire Dock from scratch so you might want to take note of what you have in your dock.

Good Luck.

I

Ask a Question