SOLVED IPad reset stuck

Reaction score
Hi all,
Being a doting life partner I recently gave my trusty iPad series 6 to my wife to replace her much older iPad mini series 2. I also thought it would be good if I could clean it up for her as I had lately noticed she didn't like my selection of music or apps much. I decided to do a full reset as I thought it would be easy, after all, one only has to select the RESET button and follow the simple steps. Right?

The following are the steps I took:-
1. I selected RESET on the iPad 6 to remove all my original files & apps, clearing memory to allow her to load the apps, data, & choices she wanted.
2. At end of what appears to be a successful reset operation I get page containing:-
software update complete
Your iPad has been updated to iPadOS 17.2
Continue
3. I press the CONTINUE button and a page containing:-
Apple ID
Enter the Apple ID password
for [my email address]
Your Apple ID information is used etc
Button “Continue” is greyed out & inaccessible
Button “Use Another Device to Sign In” IS accessible.
4. No option appears for me to enter my Apple ID.
5. So, with no obvious (to me) way for me to do so, I select the “Use Another Device to Sign In” button… but gain no apparent further result or progress but just sit on the same “Enter the Apple ID password” page.
6. After doing so I repeat steps 2-5 several times, each time with the same result each time.
7. I then get on my iMac and selected the iPad mini now belonging to my wife and tried the RESTORE BACKUP option from the last backup done for the iPad.
8. Nope. That didn’t work either.
9. I then power off my old iPad 6 and after several hours I turn it back on hoping the OS might restart at the usual start page and i could continue the clean up.
10. Nope. I was immediately returned to Step 2.

What might I have done wrong? Why can I not enter my Apple ID password and why am I unable to access any other button except the BACK button which returns me to the above “Software Update Complete” page? All help gratefully received.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi again,
Further update to my earlier message. Unfortunately I am still unable to complete the reset of my iPad 6.
Steps taken:-
1. I have tried to “Use Another Device to Sign In” & connected to my iMac and selected the reset iPad
2. Under “General” I am told the software is now iPadOS 17.2
3. Select “Restore iPad”
4. Now the message “Finds My must be turned off before “iPad” can be restored” & instructed to “Go to iCloud Settings on your iPad and turn off Find My before restoring your iPad”
5. Problem of course is that I still cannot get past the “Enter the Apple ID password” message as it is rather insistant.

Any suggestions as to what I can try next???

Ask a Question