iPad Factory reset

Reaction score
I have 2 iPads I would like to start over again with and I don't have either of the logins. I have tried some online suggestion, but none have worked. Can someone help? Thank you.

Reaction score
You will need to sort out your AppleID for the iPads before you can factory restore if they are password protected. The following link is where you start.

Having trouble signing in?

Not sure why but the page says not found.

Is there a way to find the entry key if you know the last persons email address?

It seems the previous owner didn't do a good job in cleaning the iPad. I believe there isn't a way to retrieve the entry key (i.e. Restrictions Passcode, right?) unless you contact the original owner.

By the way, have you tried system restore via iTunes (on a PC or Mac)? I remember there is a function like that.

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried iTunes but after I start the restore I get the below message from ITunes.

And the only way to respond to the iPad is to enter the pass code which I don't have.

Attachments

• iPad11012016.JPG
    iPad11012016.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 352
Reaction score
Hm...sorry that didn't work out. I suppose you'll have to reach out to the original owner, either asking the passcode or request him/her to discontinue this iPad from her Apple ID (link: https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage)

Here's a screenshot that I have.
delete-iPhone.png

If that won't work, I'm afraid your last resort is to ask a geek in your local App Store.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Here is the new page for resetting your AppleID, Apple must have redesigned it hence the other link being dead, thanks Jess Carr for the heads up.

Having trouble signing in?

John Booze, the only person that can help you is the original owner otherwise you'll need to contact Apple to get help to do a factory restore seeing that you are logged in with another persons AppleID.

Reaction score
Hi,

Try this.
Put one of the iPads into DFU mode not recovery mode as iTunes will do this, then wipe it. Basically iTunes detect an iPad in recovery mode and you go from there.

Last edited:

Ask a Question