IPad email address correction

Reaction score
I put in my email address incorrectly on my iPad. How can I correct it? I need to increase storage on iCloud but can't do it as you need password/Appleid details to do it

Reaction score
Can I amplify on my post re email address incorrectly put into my iPad. The email address in mail is the correct one and it syncs with my other devices and works fine. The problem is with iCloud. When you open Settings at the top of the first page there is your name with Apple ID, iCloud and Medias andPurchases below it. It is against this that the incorrect email address has been put in. So you are being asked to verify your email address to finish setting up your Apple ID and saying that you will not be able to use iCloud or the Store until your email has been verified.The problem is when you try to verify your email address they ask to send a verification code to the email that has been inputed incorrectly. So you can't get any further

Reaction score
You should be able to sign out of the Apple ID that is incorrect. Then sign back in with the correct Apple ID.

Reaction score
That sounds easy.Perhaps too easy!
All iCloud data will be removed. Not sure what and will it go back in when you sign back in?
Not sure why all the stuff above the red Sign Out button is greyed out
When you sign out will it ask for a password? if it does I think it may be an old password that was used with the incorrect email address.

Reaction score
I believe if ots just in the media and purchased that it doesn’t. You can always select forgot password and then reset it.

Restting your password is easiest done at appleid.aople.com

Ask a Question