A question on using iPad 12.5.7 today

Reaction score
Hi there
I am quite new to Apple gadgets. I got this old iPad with software version 12.5.7. (16H81). The software is up-to-date. I noticed that with common websites I regularly visit like Huffpost, Newsweek and theguardian, all dotcom and spiegel[Dot]de, for some reason if they do not keep automatically reloading every few seconds, sometimes showing there is a page error, these sites have reader comments sections, which all fail to load. It might just try but then remains blank, however much one waits. Deleting the cache does not help. Newsweek comments, just below the article completely fail to load.

I thought the problem is with Safari, so I tried to install other browsers like Firefox & Chrome, which fail, because one needs to update the operating system to a higher version first. This however is not possible on this gadget.

Since a higher version of the OS is not possible, how can one at least just have these sites with functions like reader comments loading normally or SOME pages not automatically reloading every few moments and or going blank because of some error?

I successfully installed Opera, but the same sites Huffpost & Newsweek reader comments also do not open and The Guardian also keeps reloading. Some other page elements on some other sites do not load.

Is there any way this browser behavior can be avoided or any versions of Fox, Chrome, etc that behave normally on this gadget? I just want to be able to access comments and post some + have no compulsive reloading and other abnormalities in all browsers.

Lastly, can I assume it is totally impossible to upgrade the OS with the hardware?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Surely someone has some idea about how this serious browser issue of some page elements not loading and compulsive reloading + constant page crashes on sites like TheGuardianDotCome and HuffpostDotCom could be solved or whether there is no solution at all ... :confused:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We apologize for the delayed response.

The older version of iOS that the iPad is using doesn't support the current Internet security protocols that those websites use, which is why they will not load properly. There isn't any way around it unfortunately, other than buying a newer iPad that supports newer versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry for the bad news!

C

Ask a Question