Yikes! My iMac screen just went black!

Reaction score
My G4 iMac screen just went black on me in the middle of working on a project! Luckily I have macBook as well. I can see the desktop, only it's very dark, yet the mouse, Expose, etc. all work. It's like someone just turned out the light in the display. Have you ever seen this before? Can I reset something? Or do I need to replace the display or some hardware? Nothing changes upon restart. I sure would appreciate hearing what may be up.
Thanks in advance.
:confused:

Reaction score
My G4 iMac screen just went black on me in the middle of working on a project! Luckily I have macBook as well. I can see the desktop, only it's very dark, yet the mouse, Expose, etc. all work. It's like someone just turned out the light in the display. Have you ever seen this before? Can I reset something? Or do I need to replace the display or some hardware? Nothing changes upon restart. I sure would appreciate hearing what may be up.
Thanks in advance.
:confused:

Have you tried unplugging your Mac for a few minutes or so, plugging it back and restarting or clicking on the F15 key?

Ask a Question