Write text on photos

Reaction score
Please can you advise me.

I have an iMAC OS Mojave, version 10.14.6

How do I write ON my photos ?

Please advise me in "dummy" language if it is at all possible.

MANY thanks to you.

Reaction score
Hello Cory.....I'm not too sure that it is.

I want to write a couple of words maybe on to some shots I've taken with my camera and saved into in my photos.

I have an iMac OS Mojave, Version 10.14.6

I wondered if someone could tell me if it is possible to do on my iMac and also tell me in VERY easy terms, how to do it. At 75, sadly, I'm not the most computer savvy lady !

Many thanks to you.

Reaction score
I seem to be getting nowhere, fast.

I can't find the anything by using the suggested links, as they refer to iPhone, iPad and Sierra.......I am have iMac OS 10.14.6 MOJAVE.

Can anyone suggest anything else (apart from giving up), as I feel like doing at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so long as it is "easy language and instructions".

Sincere thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

Sorry, I figured I would give you a few suggestions. The link fo macOS Sierra still works in Mojave, albeit with one small difference. Here is the updated link for Mojave:

Use Markup to add comments or draw on a photo in Photos on Mac

Markup is the tool in Photos that allows you to add text or draw on photos in the Photos application. I have never used that functionality in any application other than Photoshop, so I can't expand on Apple's description in the above Photos User Guide link.

Hopefully that helps,

C

Reaction score
Select image in Photo's, Right click (or Control + left click) on image > select edit with > select Preview, then in the Preview menu go Tools > Annotate >Text

Reaction score
THANK YOU a million times.....I can't tell you how excited I am at learning how to write the text on my pictures.

Cory, first of all, sincere thanks to you for your kindness and patience.

Lufbrarunner.....I followed your nice and easy instructions and "cracked it", but the letters disappeared after I closed the window.....then, I read your second post with the "screen capture video" and saw that I needed to go to "File" and save it. SUCCESS !

I am one happy English lady ! THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOO much !

Ask a Question