DVD writing

Reaction score
Hi
I have an iMac Quad with El Capitan 10.11.2. I have been trying to back up my Photo images to a DVD. I use the Burn folder. However the error code 0x8002006E comes up and the DVD can't be burned. Can anybody tell me what's wrong? Also do you know why when I get the size of an image in Photos it is different to the size of the same image when dragged to a folder? Which image size is correct?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Most errors like that are due to an incompatibility with the CD/DVD media. I suggest trying a different brand of blank disc, and possibly slowing down the burn speed to see if that enables a successful burn.

The photo size issue could be a couple of things:
-Try using the export function in iPhoto to export the original photo(s) directly to the burn folder.
-Since hard drives and optical discs have different block sizes, the file sizes may be off by a few percent.
-How big is the file size difference?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Most errors like that are due to an incompatibility with the CD/DVD media. I suggest trying a different brand of blank disc, and possibly slowing down the burn speed to see if that enables a successful burn.

The photo size issue could be a couple of things:
-Try using the export function in iPhoto to export the original photo(s) directly to the burn folder.
-Since hard drives and optical discs have different block sizes, the file sizes may be off by a few percent.
-How big is the file size difference?

C
Thanks for reply, examples as follows Photos 8.6mb Burn folder it appears as 1.4mb Photos 17.6mb Burnfolder 4.2mb
These were moved by drag and drop. For some reason many of the images transferred with no loss. I have tried using Photos export function and the transferred image proved to be the same size.
With regard to burning the DVD my first attempt was successful but on subsequent attempts the DVD were rejected part way through the process.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information.

-Have you tried burning the photos to a CD instead of a DVD?
-That is quite a large discrepancy in file size.
-When you used the Photos export function, did you use Export > Export 1 Photo... or Export > Export Unmodified Original For 1 Photo...?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for info. I now use export original from Photos and the size of image stays the same. I've got a few thousand images to back up, so that would fill an awful lot of CDs

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...we solved the file size difference.

Are you still having issues burning DVD discs?

C

Ask a Question