Workout App Missing on Apple Watch!

Reaction score
After updating my Apple Watch last night, the Workout app has vanished, and I can't find it in the App Store to reinstall. I've already tried restarting both my watch and phone. Any advice? Thanks

Reaction score
It’s unusual for the Workout app to disappear after an update since it’s a built-in app. Here are some steps to help you restore it:

Steps to Restore the Workout App​

1. Check App Layout:
    • Sometimes apps can be moved or hidden in folders.
    • Swipe through all the screens on your Apple Watch to ensure the Workout app isn’t hidden somewhere.
  2. Check if It's Hidden:
    • Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
    • Go to My Watch > Installed on Apple Watch.
    • Check if the Workout app is listed here. If it is, tap it and see if you have the option to reinstall it.
  3. Reinstall via Watch App on iPhone:
    • Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
    • Go to App Store and search for "Workout".
    • If the app appears, reinstall it directly from there.
  4. Check for Restrictions:
    • Make sure no restrictions are preventing the Workout app from appearing.
    • On your iPhone, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.
    • Ensure Installing Apps is allowed and Deleting Apps is not restricted.
  5. Unpair and Re-pair Your Apple Watch:
    • Sometimes, unpairing and re-pairing can resolve various issues.
    • Open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to All Watches, tap the info button next to your watch, and tap Unpair Apple Watch.
    • Follow the prompts to re-pair your watch. This should restore all default apps.
  6. Reset Your Apple Watch:
    • If all else fails, you might need to reset your Apple Watch to factory settings.
    • On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    • Set up your watch again, and the Workout app should be restored.

Ask a Question