Windows on Mac 2

Reaction score
Is there a way to repartition my HD for my XP on my Mac? Because I gave my XP 7 GB in total and it's still not enough for SP2 (Service Pack 2). A little help on repartitioning? Thanks a bunch.

เซง

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

if you run Boot Camp assistant again, there is an option to allow you to rejoin the Windows and Mac Partition back together again.

You can also rejoin the partitions using Disk Utility, in your Applications-->Utilities folder, but this is a destructive way and will wipe the drive.

You could also buy Prosoft's Drive Genius this will allow you to repartition without destroying the data.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
The software Ric is telling you about will help you resize the partition. I've personally never used this software, but have used Partition Magic (which runs on the Windoze partition) with mixed results.

This software will allow you to repartion the Windoze partition to what you would like, but I have to warn you. BootCamp is still in beta and is very picky when it comes to messing with things it controls like the partition size. So, make sure you backup your stuff before attempting it no matter what software or way you choose...cause it's a very good possiblity that you may hose your Windoze partition and you will have to do what Ric first mentioned in using the BootCamp Assistant to resize your partition.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

page 23 of this PDF tells you how to resize/remove the windows partition.

Then you can reinstall as you please.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question