Windows from a deactivated account

Reaction score
My specs: Mac Pro Late 2013
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics
AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Keep receiving opened windows of an IDrive account canceled last year saying “reactivate your account.” Is there some file on my computer that continues to give the company access? How best to stop this? Thank you.

Attachments

• window.png
    window.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 211

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I would bet that iDrive is set to open automatically in  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > your user > Login Items.

Try removing it from there and let us know if that doesn't solve the issue.

C

Reaction score
Right on! Thank you, Cory. I checked “hide” for iDrive; then I shut down, came back on and no window; thanks. Now I have to check why I should not do the same for a number of apps that are set to open automatically. Certainly appreciate your speedy response.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

To expand on the hide function, that mere;y launches the application and hides its windows...it is still running. Since you don't use iDrive any longer, highlight it in the Login Items list and click the minus (-) button at the lower left of that window, instead of checking the hide box. It will then actually delete from Login Items, and it will not launch at all at startup.

You can do the same for any of the other apps listed there, as they can always be re-added later.

C

Reaction score
Thank you again, Cory. I guess that means I should have asked the real question, but didn’t want to show the extent of my ignorance, i.e., “Why have some automatically open?” How about (see file) these reasons for the ones I left?: “Boom” gives me better sound than my Sharp screen all the time. Dictation is immediately possible turning on the mike. Not sure why leave the ITunes Helper unless it means I pull up playlists faster - but I still have to open iTunes for music, so I guess I should remove helper?? Not sure of Adobe Resource unless it makes it easier to export a Pages file into a pdf?? Assumed my Envy printer, DVD access and Real Player access happen ‘better/ faster if it’s open??” Of course I really should experiment with these to figure it out and maybe choose others as well.

Attachments

• left to open.png
    left to open.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 206

Ask a Question