Widget Type gone Whack Again!

Reaction score
Hi there. Somehow, I have - and I don't know how - messed up my fonts again.
The easiest way to see; which is very annoying actually, is that several of my widgets, text are now outlined fonts - I assume because they can't find the correct font? They are difficult to read, etc.
This happened previously, and I got lots of advise from here, thank you. But there were several things going on then and I did several things to try and resolve them all; and I don't know which actually solved the font problem. The only thing I can think of is that I accidently double clicked a font file, and FontBook opened. I am using Linotype FontExplorerX now, and haven't had this problem for months. (Although, I don't think they have good support for such a great program, which is a let down)
Thinking that reinstalling (archive and install) of my system is what worked last time, I did and archive and install back to 10.4.2 and am currently updating to 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 if anyone has goods or bads about 10.4.7? But as I am typing this, my widgets and who knows what else, are still without their fonts. It might seem like a small thing, but it's actually really really annoying to me - and more so because it represents a larger problem... right?!
Any suggestions would be great. I have attached a screen shot of some of the widgets. Thanks.

Attachments

• widget type.png
    widget type.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 411
  • widget2.png
    widget2.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 387

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sounds like a font clash, or you have deleted the System fonts required.

One way to try and diagnose...

Go to Library-->Widgets

then Control click on the Weather widget and select show package contents...

This will show you the inner workings of the widget...from here you can see what fonts it 'wants' to use !

If you have a look in the Weather.css file it shows you that, it uses the Helvetica Neue family and LucidaGrande fonts.

So either they are missing or they are confilcicting with some of your other fonts...

Let us know what you think, and we'll take it from there...

As for 10.4.7 I have it running on a few non critical Mac's okay, but I haven't put it on my 'work' ones yet !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
as always, you are totally right --
haven't been able to sit down and work on it till today!
thanks again and again!

Ric

Reaction score
No problem !

as long as as you are getting it sorted, let us know if you need any further info !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question