Merriam Webster dictionary widget?

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know where I can download the Merriam-Webster dictionary widget?

Managed to download it from http://www.appdonkey.com but the resulting widget just keeps telling me to "please check my internet connection" despite my definitely being connected.

I am running the rather antiquated Lion 10.7.5, if that matters.

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary Widget was discontinued back in 2009, with the latest version being 1.3.7. Depending on your needs, there may be a replacement that will provide the same functionality.

C

Reaction score
Thanks. Can anyone recommend a good one? I want one that offers similar features to the merriam-webster widget, including:
• Audio playback of the word's pronunciation,
• An option to save that audio playback in iTunes,
• An option to save the word's definition (at the moment I am having to copy-paste the definition into a textedit file; having an option to save the word's definition would save me considerable time)
• An option to provide a list of synonyms.
• An option to have the word used in a variety of different sentences/contexts.

Can anyone think of a dictionary widget that offers these features?

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I think you are getting the Internet connection error because it was discontinued.

I don't know of any widgets that have all of that functionality. It's too bad they discontinued it, as it was a valuable tool.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

C

Ask a Question