Why does finder show wi-fi connected iPhone but not iPad?

Reaction score
When my iPad and iPhone are connected to the same wi-fi network, my iMac's Finder can see my iPhone but not my iPad. If I plug them in, it sees them both.

Universal Control allows me to move my Mac's mouse & keyboard to my iPad but not my iPhone. So my Mac knows it's there. But if I want my finder to see my iPad, I have to plug it in.

Reaction score
When my iPad and iPhone are connected to the same wi-fi network, my iMac's Finder can see my iPhone but not my iPad. If I plug them in, it sees them both.

Universal Control allows me to move my Mac's mouse & keyboard to my iPad but not my iPhone. So my Mac knows it's there. But if I want my finder to see my iPad, I have to plug it in.
It’s a bug. I’m in the process of sending in feedback on the problem, but it’s so temperamental and the odd behaviors are unpredictable that it’s hard to write a concise report. This happens to me for both iPhone and iPad, but not all the time. It can happen to me in both Ventura and Sonoma, but not all the time. Frustrating. It starts with an alert that a software update is required to connect (screen shots)…

None of the solutions work for me either.

The alerts can be so insistent that I’m having to leave it alone and just dragging the window to the edge of the screen so I can more easily ignore it.

Have fun!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 15.09.09.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 15.09.09.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 15.08.31.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 15.08.31.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Ask a Question