why do I get 'No suitable nodes available...'?

Reaction score
I'm using OSX vs 10.4.11, 600Mhz Power PC G3, 512 MB SDRAM....using Safari, I'm experiencing a problem trying to get beyond the identification page of a web site. I get the message 'No suitable nodes are available to serve your request'. I have contacted the people by phone and they say it's a problem with my server. Any ideas what I can do about this?

Reaction score
call the people with the server. No Available Nodes, refers to nodes of a server cluster. You are trying to access naming space (A domain name) given to a server that doesn't exist. That message is just the clusters way of telling you that "You can't get there from here".

This, however, does NOT mean that the server ACTUALLY doesn't exist, what it means is that it can't be found, this might happen in the case of it being shut down, non-functional, or the web server service is simply not running.

To give you more info, I would need to get the URL for the site you are trying to access, and a more thorough description (ie. does this happen for all websites? has this ever happened before?".

Ask a Question