Which MacBook to buy?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm starting my own company as a DevOps Engineer with mainly AWS and Azure. Now i'm a bit unsure which new MacBook to buy, i currently have a MBP 14" M1 32GB from my employer.
Thinking about a MacBook Air 15" 24GB versus a MacBook Pro 14" 32GB. I'm a DevOps Engineer, so mainly VSCode, some Python and Go, a lot of websites in use at the same time, some office use, not so heavy.

What do you think?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

For your stated usage, any model will work. None of those applications are processor or memory intensive like video/audio applications are. Honestly, anything over 16 GB RAM should work.

Here is a pretty nice write up of the differences: MacBook Air vs Pro: Which should you buy?

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
One major thing that you may think about being a developr is your need for external display support.

The MacBook Air will only support a single external display where the MacBook Pro supports up to 2 external displays.

Ask a Question