Where Is My Applications Folder

Reaction score
I blew it.. I was trying to figure how to delete an app and I thought I could drag it to the trash.. Well I drug the entire folder onto the desktop

and

POOF..

Nowhere to be found. Tried searching using Finder.. but.. nothing

Help

Thank you…..

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
So if you open a new finder window and navigate to MacintoshHD is there an Applications folder there?

In Finder, if you press Shift Command (⌘) A, your Applications folder should open, does it?

In Finder if you press Shift Command (⌘) G, and then in the "Go to Folder" window you type /Applications & press "Go", what happens?

Reaction score
Well, I'm old and hoping to understand

The only thing that happened when I did Shift Command A.. EVERYTHING file in the window was selected.

However, when I did the Shift Command G, /Applications. I was taken to the Applications window.. and there in the window was a folder with the "A" on it.. the Applications Folder. I somehow found that a while ago and drug it to the Dock. However it changed in the dock to an "open" folder for lack of better words and it no longer had the "A" on it. But the original remains in the Application window. Did I do something incorrectly when I drug the icon to the Dock?

Thanks for your help.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
... when I did Shift Command A.. EVERYTHING file in the window was selected.

You needed to be in Finder to use that shortcut properly (Shift Command A) and just Command A would select everything.

Did I do something incorrectly when I drug the icon to the Dock?

No you didn't do anything wrong, you just created a shortcut by dragging it to the Dock. If the Applications folder is missing from the sidebar in a Finder window you can just drag it back there from MacintoshHD ~> Applications.

So your applications are all still there? Everything is okay now HbgBill?

Reaction score
Thanks again.. I guess I must have had a timing problem when I did S C A.. cuz I just re-tried it and it did open the App window as you mentioned

Yes I have the Icon in the Dock.. It is just a weird icon.. but it looks like it contains everything I don't know why the icon changed from the App window when I dragged it to the Dock.

Thanks again for your help..I can live with it :)

Ask a Question