Where is Bounce in Mail (Mountain Lion?)

Reaction score
Just purchased latest iMac running OS 10.8.2 and just getting to know it. In Mail though I can't find "Bounce" which I found very useful in Tiger and very effective.

Reaction score
Hi,

Bounce went when Lion came out, you can get 3rd party fix not sure about doing this with ML.

I tend to use the delete key or send such to junk box.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for info, will look out for app that does the job as it is so nice to send junk mail back to where it came from!

Reaction score
send junk mail back to where it came from!
you should never do this as it confirms that its a live email address. Mail servers don't bounce now as it causes bounce loops when spammers spoof the email address'. We took our Mail Server down because of this problem.

Reaction score
Hi again,

Thanks for that info - I did not know this. I have changed my email address now that I have my new Intel iMac, so hopefully it may lessen the problem. It has been easy to set up but still a lot to learn about it.

Reaction score
The best thing to do is to Mark As Junk. This teaches Mail and it has very cool smarts that mean once it gets the hang of what is spam it keeps filtering it even when the spammers change the contents.

Also if you want to tune the Junk Mail Filter in Mail Preferences > Junk Mail.
I've enable anyone in my AddressBook to be exempt from Filtering.
This way I'm sure that email from people in my Addressbook will always get through no matter how Junkie it is.

Reaction score
The best thing to do is to Mark As Junk. This teaches Mail and it has very cool smarts that mean once it gets the hang of what is spam it keeps filtering it even when the spammers change the contents.

Totally agree with Kaveman,:) and mail does not take long to learn what you have decided is junk re rule setting.

Reaction score
Good idea - will do in future. Many thanks for taking time to reply and A Happy New Year to all.

Ask a Question