What is the easiest way to move my safari bookmarks to a new mac ?

Reaction score
Hi,

Begining with Safari 3.x and later all store there bookmarks as a plist (property list) file named Bookmarks.plist, located at Home Directory/Library/Safari.
Just copy and paste should do the trick.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sorry to say that I'm very much a beginner and don't know how to find ""Home Directory/Library/Safari " ? One more hint and I should be there. I can copy and paste.
Thanks again , Charlie

Reaction score
Hi Charlie,
don't know how to find ""Home Directory/Library/Safari "

Open finder in your dock, look in the left hand box for a little house icon. That is your home folder.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Besides the advice offered by oldscribe, you might like to check:

Safari ~> File ~> Import/Export Bookmarks

Reaction score
Besides the advice offered by oldscribe, you might like to check:

Safari ~> File ~> Import/Export Bookmarks
Thank you also. I don't think I've ever looked at a drop down menu in Safari. Not much curiosity I'm afraid. I just open it and look for my mail. If I get stumped I start to whine. Seems simple now. Thanks to all.

Reaction score
I've got a similar question with my Macbook iTunes music. Where can I find the folder in the old MB and after I move it to the new MB Air where will it be so I can move it off the new MBA to my external HD. I purchased the MacBook Air with the smaller HD and it's filling up already!

Really appreciate the help. I've always had a problem finding where things are stored.

Charlie

Reaction score
iTunes Music Folder is in your Music Folder. You can tell iTunes about your change in iTunes > Preferences > Advances. You can also move your iPhoto library found in Pictures, to switch Libraries launch iPhoto with the Option Key held down.

Ask a Question