Automation script( basic folder movement)

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I hope this will find good company with an answer. I'm trying to develop a script to do the following:

I want to be able to copy 01_FILE_NUMBER - SIZE - folderB - SIZE - contents of size for every SIZExSIZE folder

The finalized folder needs to go on the main desktop of the users computer (work with any computer user) and archived.

The problem is that the folders that 01_FILE_NUMBER might not contain all of the sized folders each time...

sometimes 01_FILE_NUMBER MIGHT LOOK LIKE EXAMPLE A or any other combination of SIZExSIZE.
EXAMPLEA.png

step1.png

step2.png

I have tried the following which somewhat working results with having exactly the same amount of folders each time (1.SIZExSIZE, 2. SIZExSIZE 3.SIZExSIZE, 4. SIZExSIZE, 5. SIZExSIZE)
but it needs to copy the content of folderB to SIZExSIZE and delete folderA from the result on the desktop.

screeeniiee.jpg

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

This is far beyond my basic understanding of AppleScript and Automator. Perhaps the folks over at MacScripter could lend a hand.

Let us know how that goes,

C

Ask a Question